The working group IC design offers a platform for exchange and networking between IC designers working in Saxony and beyond. Regular meetings extend to not only the business network of the participants, but also foster knowledge sharing between the experts. The working group covers digital as well as analog IC designs.
Digital design focusses on logical correctness, maximising circuit density and placement so that clock and timing signals are efficiently routed. Analog design rather deals with physics of semiconductor elements such as gain, matching, power loss and resistance. Beside information related to automated design tools, funding programms, relocation support and work force issues are being discussed.
- information exchange and networking
- increase of educational offers in the region
- funding and relocation support for IC design centers
- information regarding funding programmes (grants) and other financial supports
- establishing virtual design centers as service providers
Target group of the working group
- IC designers
- users of IC solutions
- providers of IC solutions
Added value of the working group
- knowledge and experience sharing
- network building
- financial support
- funding and relocation support