Sustainability and ESG
The Sustainability and ESG Working Group provides a platform to promote the sustainability efforts of our members and to support the integration of sustainable practices into our business operations. In regular events, the working group deals with a wide range of sustainability aspects. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in particular, but also large companies in the semiconductor and ICT industry, are to be supported in this way in the current and upcoming challenges of this topic area.
In addition to technical information, the main aim is an active exchange of experiences and a dialog between companies and organizations. The contents of the working group range from environmental compatibility and resource efficiency to circular economy and recycling, social responsibility and cooperation with governments as well as NGOs. We strongly believe that collaboration in this working group will play a critical role in shaping a more sustainable future for our industry.
- Development and implementation of a sustainability strategy as well as its reporting and communication
- Analysis and promotion of environmentally friendly production processes, energy efficiency and resource conservation in the semiconductor and ICT industry
- Research and develop solutions for recycling electronic waste and waste products to promote a circular economy and reduce resource waste.
- Promoting job security, fair working conditions, diversity and inclusion, and human rights throughout the supply chain
- Cooperation with governments, non-governmental organizations and other stakeholders to achieve common sustainability goals and promote policies
Target group of the working group
- Managing Director
- Financial experts
- IT experts
Added value of the working group
- Exchange and knowledge transfer
- Support with conditions and challenges
- Best practices from the field of sustainable corporate governance
- ESG as a competitive factor
- Presentation of IoT solutions for the collection of production and environmental data
- Sustainability and ESG as part of employer branding