Artificial intelligence (AI) is a key technology that can be used to sustainably improve social, economic and ecological processes. The use of AI requires new solutions in the areas of hardware, software and connectivity. The members of Silicon Saxony are actively working on these. Both research institutions and companies in Saxony are already users and providers of AI solutions. Within the framework of the working group, AI development in Saxony is to be further advanced.
The already extensive AI knowledge at the site is to be shared and expanded as part of the working group. The aim is to pave the way for new cooperations and business opportunities and to lead Saxony into the top group nationwide in the field of AI. One thematic focus is on edge and embedded AI, among others: in edge AI solutions, data is processed close to the sensors, making applications more energy-efficient, faster and safer. Embedded AI offers special opportunities for companies of all sizes with the variety of solution approaches and the broad application possibilities.
- Networking of the relevant actors in Saxony
- Establishing contacts in the national and international context
- Professional exchange between AI providers and users
- Establishment of joint (lighthouse) projects
- Strengthening the perception of Saxony as an AI location
Target group of the working group
Added value of the working group
- Access to the AI network in Saxony
- Exchange of content and expertise
- Cooperation and influence on AI strategy of the Free State of Saxony