“With TUD|excite, we are helping to make TU Dresden the leading institution for science-driven innovation and entrepreneurial thinking in Europe,” says Prof. Andreas Pinkwart. “We support our researchers in successfully bringing their results into practice and accompany them along the entire path from securing and exploiting property rights to start-ups.”
The TUD not only stands for excellent research, it is also the university with the most patents in Germany, setting the pace for transfer and entrepreneurship. Every year, around 100 inventions are newly protected with a patent. Just in September, three TUD professors received the UNIPRENEURS award, the largest award for promoting entrepreneurship in higher education and research.
“Along with research and teaching, knowledge and technology transfer is one of the central tasks of our university,” says TU Dresden Rector Prof.in Ursula Staudinger. “With the new TUD Excellence Center for Innovation, Transfer and Entrepreneurship, we are creating a unique offering under one roof for all members of TUD and for our corporate partners. The innovative strength of TUD and the bridge between science and economic application will be strengthened in the long term as a result.”
The Excellence Center for Innovation, Transfer and Entrepreneurship (TUD|excite) is a central interdisciplinary institution of TU Dresden. It combines central fields of action under one roof: the management of patents and other property rights, the support of research-based innovation projects on their way to application, strategic partnerships with companies, the support of spin-offs as well as education and training in transfer-related topics.
TUD|excite is organized into six units:
- excite|PATENTS manages the entire IP process from invention to property right and develops property right strategies
- excite|INNOVATE coordinates and supports the transfer of excellent research results and intellectual property of the TU Dresden into practice
- excite|STARTUP bundles offers for information, qualification, consulting and support of students and researchers interested in founding
- excite|TALENTS sensitizes students and employees:inside for transfer and start-up topics and shows opportunities for own projects
- excite|FUTURELAB promotes research and innovation in the fields of technology transfer and entrepreneurship
- excite|FACILITATE optimizes processes and ensures excellent services at TUD|excite
– – – –
Photo: Sven Claus